[Circulation] Working Extended Shifts

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Sat Nov 10 11:04:14 EST 2012

Hello All,

Thank you to the students who have expressed interest in working until
4:00am.  Your fellow students have been asking for years for a longer
period of extended hours and we are doing our best to accommodate this
request this semester.  Just to clarify, I need to cover 10 shifts, 2
students per shift Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and
Thursdays from November 19 through December 14.  You may give up a day
shift or any shift where you overlap with another student.  I do want
to make the point that you may give up a day shift even if you are the
only person on - Bev and I can cover the desk during those hours.  The
best case scenario is that we fill these shifts with currently
employed students, but if necessary I will  hire and train new ones.
This is why I ask you to let me know by the end of Monday the latest
if you would like to take one of these midnight - 4:00 shifts.

So far Nelson will take one Sunday slot, Tim can do Sunday, Tuesday,
or Thursday, and Kinny can do Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.  Alex
will take one also but I need clarification from him.  Therefore, 4 of
the 10 shifts are covered so far.  If you can fill in any of the
remaining slots and you are able to remain awake from midnight until
4:00am please let me know soon.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419