[Circulation] FINES : DON'T DIVULGE THEM!

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri May 4 14:28:40 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Please, please, please don't tell patrons what fines they owe based on
what displays in Aleph!  That is not accurate and patrons may have
long since paid those fines.  Please send patrons (particularly grads)
with fines to me - my paper files are more accurate.  The reason old
fines persist in Aleph is because the job that blows them away also
blows away replacement charges, which we need record of in case a
patron returns a previously billed book.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: