[Circulation] [InfoBar] Interested in a meeting with the new Library Director?

Blair Talbot bet09 at hampshire.edu
Sat Mar 3 14:41:19 EST 2012

Awesome!  I'm for extended library hours, more couches, making Div3's more
searchable and therefore accessible to future generations, and showcasing
the archives and making them more accessible and enticing so that our
history can be preserved.  Also more educational outreach sessions, as I've
noticed many college students are still not familiar with the Dewey Decimal
System or how to navigate JStor, which I enjoy helping them with but I
think people could really benefit from being able to take more advantage of
our resources if they were more comfortable with navigating the library and
its databases.  Also it would be great if Media Services was open later,
but I understand they're separate from the library.

Filled out the doodle, looking forward to the meeting!

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Timothy Nicholas Kovolenko <
tnk09 at hampshire.edu> wrote:

> Hi Nelson,
>
> thank you for organizing this! i agree with the 24 hour access. also,
> marlboro
> college in vermont has some interesting library policies I would like to
> explore more.
>

> i'll fill out the doodle or whatever
>

> thanks again,
> tim
>

> Quoting Nelson Hernandez <neh10 at hampshire.edu>:
>
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > As you know, the new library director, Jennifer King, is starting on
> > March 12th.  I think that it would be a really good idea for the student
> > workers of the library to meet with her in that first week.  I've
> > emailed her and she seems excited about the idea, so I'd like to hear
> > feedback from you.  What do you think about meeting with the new library
> > director?  What would you want to discuss with her?  I'm particularly
> > interested in having 24hr access and in REHAMPING this library.
> >
> > If we could set-up a half-hour to an hour-long meeting with her, we
> > could discuss these issues and more.  I've also spoken to each of our
> > supervisors, and we should be able to enter this meeting time into our
> > timecards, as it is work-related.  Here is a link to a doodle poll. --->
> > http://www.doodle.com/yi4b83463r7tnrfc <--- Please, fill it out to show
> > your interest and so that I may offer Jennifer some times.  Thank you!
> >

> > - Nelson

Best,
Blair