[Circulation] Fwd: STEWARDS of the Div III Showcase. Please forward.

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 28 12:07:49 EDT 2011

Dear Friends of Rehamping,

We hope you consider forwarding this to students, especially first-years, as
soon as possible. Last year the Rehamping student group lead the creation of
the student-designed and student-built Div III Showcase on the first floor
of the library. Built into its design is the ability to display Div IIIs of
all media (books, visual art, video, music). Rehamping is initiating a group
of students, STEWARDS (Students That Engage With Archiving Representations
of Division III), that will oversee the rotation and curation of Div III
work in the Showcase. This is an exciting way for students to involve
themselves with this essential part of Hampshire's philosophy
and curriculum. As an example, during the Board of Trustee's visit last
spring, we pulled down all the Div IIIs of Board members who are alumni.
There are endless ways Div III work can be curated in order to excite the
community.

TOMORROW we are holding an info session for those interested in becoming
part of STEWARDS. This is a great opportunity for students of all interests
as it is easy to curate a shelf or exhibit on any subject. However, this is
particularly pertinent to those interested in library/museum studies, or
those needing to satisfy their CEL requirement.

*STEWARDS Info Session*
*Thursday, 9/29 at 5pm*
*Div III Corner, Library 1st floor*

Thanks,