[Circulation] News this Semester and Work Contracts

Suzanne M Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 7 10:02:55 EDT 2011

Hello All,

Now that the reference desk is gone and the INFOBAR has been
established there are some changes at the reference desk.  A
reference or IT person will join you during the daytime shifts.  We are not
using the bell anymore and will have a live person at the desk during
the library's open hours.  This is the library's main service point.
Please try to look alive, look up and greet patrons as they enter,
and new this semester ABSOLUTELY NO HEADPHONES OR IPODS while staffing
the desk.  Listening to music is perfectly fine when you are shelving.

I will have WORK CONTRACTS available for you today.  This Saturday is
the end of a student pay period.  If you work this week and want to
get paid next week you will need to get your contracts in the campus
mail by Friday morning the latest.  Otherwise, you will need to wait
for the next pay period.  If you do not stop by before 4:30 I will
leave contracts in the file holder on my door.

I've stopped taking applications for library jobs.  I will be
interviewing students tomorrow.

New students have been getting error messages when logging in to
their print account to add money for the first time.  If you are told
of this,  have the patron wait out the 2 messages (spaced 10 seconds
apart).  Before hitting ADD VALUE the patron must manually enter
their Hampshire email address, then they can add money.  We hope to have
this problem fixed soon.

The mandatory SCHEDULE MEETING will be held on Tuesday, 9/13, at
5:30pm in the Bradford Room.

Please contact me if you have questions about any of this, and thank
you for your cooperation in filling the temporary schedule.