[Circulation] Circulation News

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Sat Oct 22 10:25:26 EDT 2011

Hello All,

A couple of changes to make your lives easier at the desk:

-You now have the power to delete holds on Hampshire items.  What does
this mean to you?  Previously if a 5 college patron had a hold on a
book but a patron brought it to the desk to check it out before we put
it in delivery, you would get a message that "item has holds" and you
would need a staff member to delete the hold before you could check it
out to the patron standing in front of you.  One work of caution
though, if you do delete a hold to check out a book to another patron,
make sure to get the name of the patron whose hold you deleted so we
can put their hold back in the queue.

-Please make sure to sensitize cds when they are returned.  We've
noticed lately that a lot of cds do not light up when we desensitize
them, which makes us suspicious that they were not sensitized before
going on the shelf.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762