[Circulation] ILL problems, Computers at Closing, Buying Textbooks

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Mon Jan 24 14:42:48 EST 2011

Hello All,

Three important updates for the start of the semester:

-Patrons are currently not able to place ILL requests through the home page.
Please direct patrons wanting to place ILL requests to Mark or me.  We can
manually enter patrons into Webzap so that they can then place their requests.

-Chris Slemp from IT is testing a new software update plan on the computers in
the reference area.  At closing, he wants us to log the computers off, but not
shut them off.  The computers need to be on the bootpicker screen, this means
the screen where the patron selects the MAC or PC side.  The update will not
run if the computer is logged on the PC side.

-The Hampstore is now selling textbooks from their 2nd office.  This office is
in the same hallway as Duplications, bear right through the door on the ground
floor from the stairwell by the Main Office.  The bookstore is located directly
across from the Hampstore.  Patrons may also take the elevator to the ground
floor, patrons bear right off the elevator.  Patrons may not browse the
bookstore.  A bookstore employee must pull books for patrons but they can be
cashed out there.

Questions?  Please ask me if you've got them.

Thank you,