[Circulation] Key Circulation

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 8 15:50:34 EST 2011

Hello Nelson and All,

Students who do not yet have key borrowing privileges must first get the
permission of the key supervisor.  They are supposed to sign Key Use contracts,
but I don't think all supervisors are that good about maintaining them.  The key
supervisor must then let me know that the student is eligible to borrow a key.
I put a note in the patron's record naming the key or keys that the student may
borrow.  Sometimes there is a delay if the supervisor emailed me a student's
name after I've left for the day, and sometimes the supervisor forgets to give
me the student's name entirely.  The best thing to do when I am not here is to
ask the student to contact the key supervisor to make sure that the supervisor
has notified me to let me know they should have privileges.

Please ask if there are more questions about this.  I don't feel this email was
very clear.