[Circulation] Reminders

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 30 09:28:25 EDT 2010

Hello All,

Some general reminders:

-Please remember to lock the headphone cabinet at closing.  We keep finding it
open in the morning.

-If you are going to plug your laptop in to the ethernet connection at the desk
please remember to plug all of the circ desk computer connections back in
before you leave.

-When shutting down the computers, please leave the monitors on.  Chris from IT
said that they use so little energy it's fine to leave them on.

-The technician came last week to lower the sensitivity of the security gates
and I think we are seeing fewer false alarms.  Please be more trusting of the
gates and ask patrons who beep to come back.

-The majority of the videos from Media Services were moved to the 2nd floor
opposite Kael.  When these videos are returned, please put them on the A - HN
reshelving cart before the Div IIIs.  The exceptions are the videos that have
blue Media Services tape on them.  These are high use or valuable videos that
the Media Services office wants to continue to circulate.  Videos with the blue
tape need to go to Media Services if the office is open or on the HC Media
Returns shelf behind the desk.

-Lastly, I saw that some people were placing regular sized books from the
collection on the bottom of the reshelving carts. Please only use the bottom
shelves for oversize books.

Thank you,