[Circulation] UPDATES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 8 11:41:24 EDT 2010

Hello All,

Welcome Back!  I'm happy that all of you returned this semester.  Here's some
news and some updates of what's changed:

-I'm intending to have the schedule meeting next Thursday, Sept. 16 at 5:30pm.
How does that look for you?  We normally do it on Wednesday, but I've got to be
at the restaurant that night, so I moved it one day back.

-If you have not yet taken 12 hours on the temporary schedule please do so.  The
early parts of the days are open, please fill those slots up if you are
available.

-Pete's last day was Aug. 30.  We're interviewing candidates tomorrow and Friday
and will hopefully hire someone soon.  In the meantime, if you have any
emergencies, call my cell at 413-478-1619. Otherwise leave me a note on the
Kael cart or email me if there's something I need to deal with the following
day.

-By now you must have noticed the renovations.  Several shelving areas have
moved.  The div III's are back upstairs on the 2nd floor, before the A's.
Videos are now on the 2nd floor and circulate through the circulation desk.  Do
not desensitize them - this wipes them out.  ILL's and Holds are filed together
on the hold shelf.  Just make sure to check out the 5-c books.  CD returns, DVD
returns, and repairs can all go on the shelves where the article folders were
shelved.  This new arrangement is a work in progress so things may change
throughout the semester.

-I am not accepting applications this semester.  All library jobs are filled
with returning workers.

I thinks that's it for now.  You'll be getting lots of emails such as these as
the semester progresses.