[Circulation] Fwd: Update on suspicious person found on campus

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 14 15:35:49 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I know some of you bypass the campus announcements so I'm forwarding the one
below.  I also want to take this opportunity to remind you all that you should
call pub safety if you see any patron acting strangely in the library.  You
know what I mean, any person who gives you a suspicious vibe or makes you feel
threatened.  The man described below made a patron and and a member of the
bookstore staff uncomfortable, that's why pub safety was called.  In this case,
the man has Asperger's which explained his odd behavior, but those of us who
encountered him didn't know that and he seemed to have the potential to do
something dangerous.  It is better to safe than sorry.  All the officers will
do initially is question the person and their intentions for being on campus.
They will then decide if the person poses a risk to the campus.  To reach pub
safety, dial x-5424 for non-emergency calls and x-5555 for emergencies.

Suzanne

----- Forwarded message from HCAnnouncements at hampshire.edu -----