[Circulation] SUMMER JOBS AT THE LIBRARY

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 31 11:07:18 EDT 2010

Hello All,

This is to let you know that the library is hiring 2 workers for the summer.
I'm writing to see if any of you are interested in applying for the jobs.
During the summer the library is open Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm and
those are the hours you would work, with an hour off for lunch.  Pay is the
same as you make now, minimum wage, $8.00/hr.  What do we do during the summer?
 The first thing is shelf-read the entire collection to make sure the books are
all in order.  We will also do some shifting of the HQ section,so be forewarned
that some physical exertion is required.  Summer students also sort and deliver
the mail and process the books coming and going in the five college delivery.
These students also work a bit in technical services and carry out other
projects determined by the librarians.  There is really relatively little time
spent at the circulation desk since we have so few patrons.  The positions
would start the Monday after commencement, and run through Labor Day.  We also
have to be open some weekend hours during the college's 40th anniversary
celebration, but I'm not sure yet if those hours will be student-staffed.

Please let me know if you are interested in being considered for one of the
positions or if you have any questions about them.  I want to make decisions by
mid-April.  I do tell all applicants that students already working at the
library have priority.