[Circulation] THE RESHELVING CARTS

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 18 09:23:46 EST 2010

Hello All,

Here are some general reminders about reshelving cart protocol:

-Put only books from that cart's range on that cart.  This week I found E
oversize books on a HQ-PZ cart.

-When placing books on a cart, please follow the recommendations on the tags for
which ranges should be on which sides.  This week I saw RC's on the Q side of a
Q - Z cart.  This would not be a problem if the R side were filled up, but it
was not and the R side started with RA.

-Only push full carts that have been double-checked outside of the immediate
circ area.

-Please take out patrons' bookmarks and paging slips before putting books on the
reshelving carts or 5 college return shelves.  If there are lots of the sticky
markers in a book and you see the patron return it, it is fine to nicely ask if
they would remove them from the book and to kindly do it in the future before
returning books.

-Please put dvd and video returns in the designated box top on the return shelf.
 Earlier this week I saw a dvd on an A - HN cart.  Absolutely not!  HC videos
and dvds go back to media services once returned.

-Fill up only the top 2 shelves of a reshelving cart.  The undivided bottom
shelf should be used for oversize items only.

Thank you for your cooperation and please ask me if any of this is unclear.