[Circulation] SHELVING

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Sun Oct 25 11:15:22 EDT 2009

Hello All,

This is a reminder that shelving books is part of your regular duties.  You
should expect to be shelving if there are at least 2 workers on during a shift.
 I may also send you up to shelve if you are the only one on and it's relatively
slow.  Splitting a cart between the 2 of you is fair.  You should also be
double-checking carts regularly and putting the date and check marks on each
cart that is completed with the dry erase markers at the desk.  When shelving,
first take up the carts that have the check marks, otherwise double check the
carts before taking them up. If someone has left a half cart, please finish
that one first before taking up a full one.   I put as many white boards as we
had on the carts and I will make sure all of them have them soon.  After
double-checking carts, make sure to use the hand held sensitizer to sensitize
the whole cart quickly.  Cds should also be double-checked before being
shelved, and they can be shelved if you are the only person on during a shift
(like during the weekends...)

Please check in with me if any of this is unclear.

Thank you,