[Circulation] SHELVING, FINES, STAFF CHANGES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:12:40 EST 2009

Hello All,

Someone still doesn't have a good grasp of call numbers because the carts are
still not entirely in order.  I may be spot-checking work, so don't be
surprised if I ask you to tip over all the books you put on the reshelving
carts so I can tell who is shelving creatively.

This is a reminder that if a patron asks what fines they owe, please direct them
to talk to me.  Please do not give them the amount in their library record.
This is often times inaccurate and whatever I transmit to the business office
in paper is what the patron is actually charged.  You may also see old charges
in the record that the patron has long since paid.

Lastly, we've been doing some rearranging of staff offices and responsibilities.
 Bob Crowley (IT director) has the office behind my desk that Susan used to
have.  Susan Dayall (our acting library director and archivist) now lives in
the big office that is off of the main office.  As far as responsibilities,
Pete now manages the Magic Board.  Bev now schedules the use of the library's
meeting spaces.  Please do not refer such requests to Asha anymore.

Please contact me if you have questions about any of this.

Thank you,