[Circulation] NEW HEADPHONES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 28 16:09:20 EDT 2008

Hello All,

Asha purchased 5 new sets of headphones for the circ desk.  These headphones are
a bit different than the others and Neil suggested I barcode the ear pieces,
which I did, since he thought barcoding the wire is not as sturdy, plus we can
now tell the difference from those circulated in media services.  I also named
them HEADPHONES to distinguish from the older sets.  I want to try something
new with these.  Since most patrons take off the adapter and use the skinny
end, I want to try circulating the headphones WITHOUT the 1/4" adapter, and
asking the patron at checkout if they actually need it.  The adapters will be
kept separately in the headphone cabinet.  Let's try this and tweak the
procedure if necessary.