[Circulation] PROBLEM WITH HOLDS

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:49:30 EST 2008

Hello All,

We've noticed a problem with holds today.  Basically the TITLE REQUESTS tab
shows a zero when the patron claims they've received a hold wait letter (which
they really have).  You have 2 ways of dealing with this:  1.  If you feel
confident with the LC call number ranges, ask the patron what subject area
their books were in and browse the hold shelf for their name in that area, or
2.  Ask the patron to log in to his or her email to give you the call numbers
of the books.  As a last resort if the patron can't provide any information,
browse the pull slips in the books until you find the patron's books.  This
problem came on yesterday with what was supposed to be a fix.  We don't know
yet how long this will persist, but it is definitely a problem.  Feel free to
ask if you need help finding things for patrons.