[Circulation] VARIOUS CIRCULATION REMINDERS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 27 06:44:21 EST 2007

Hello All,

A few things to remember at the desk:

1.  BARCODE MACROS:  Michael, our systems librarian, set up macros for the
first 8 digits of the item and patron barcodes at the circulation desk.  The
F11 key enters 31009340 and F12 enters 21009340 in the search boxes in
Aleph.

2.  CHECK IN RESERVES:  Lots of reserves are becoming billed because they
are put back on the shelves while still checked out.  Please remember to
check in all items before reshelving them.  If you go to check something out
and the message "Item is already on loan" pops up, run the book through
check in first because it is still checked out to another patron and not the
one in front of you.

3.  HOLDS MEANT FOR OTHER SCHOOLS: While clearing the hold shelf last week I
found at least 2 Hampshire books that were supposed to be sent to other
schools.  Please remember to put such books on the return shelves of the
schools that the books are destined for.

4.  SYSTEM SPEED:  Aleph is slow in all 5 college libraries, not just ours.
At this time we don't know if the slowness is a hardware or software issue,
so please bear with it and do the best you can.

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419