[Circulation] END OF SEMESTER NEWS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 6 09:02:11 EST 2007

Hello All,

The LAST REQUIRED DAY OF WORK IS WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12.  We will be on a
regular schedule through midnight that night.  Work after that is optional
and encouraged as we will be checking in and reshelving returns.  I will put
up a temporary schedule so you can sign up for hours beyond the 12th.  Since
we will be open until 10:00pm on Thursday the 13th, it would be helpful if
someone could work that evening in order to cover Bethany¹s break.  The
schedule for the rest of the semester is:

Wednesday, Dec. 12: Open Until Midnight
Thursday, Dec. 13: 8:30am ­ 10:00pm
Friday, Dec. 14: 8:30am ­ 4:30pm
Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 15 & 16: 10:00am ­ 4:00pm
Monday, Dec. 17 ­ Friday, Dec. 21: 8:30am ­ 4:30pm
Saturday, Dec. 22 ­ Sunday, Dec. 30: CLOSED

You are able and encouraged to work during Janterm.  We will be open M-F
8:30 ­ 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 10:00am ­ 10:00pm.  Tell me if you want to
work during Janterm and what your availability is.  We probably won¹t have a
schedule meeting but rather informally cover the schedule depending on who
is available when.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN CHECKING IN CDS!!! Please check the contents BEFORE
checking the cd in.  The student who has been double-checking cds has been
turning up an average of 3 a week that are missing cds yet are already
checked in.

RETURNS ARE ABOUT TO PICK UP TREMENDOUSLY AS STUDENTS DROP OFF BOOKS BEFORE
LEAVING CAMPUS.  EXPECT TO DO SOME SHELVING ANY TIME THERE ARE AT LEAST 2
PEOPLE ON AT THE DESK.  If it¹s relatively slow I might send you up to
shelve even if you are the only person on.  I know this is a busy time for
you as students, but you are here to work and that is what is expected of
you.

We are looking for students to work on the reference desk.  I¹ve attached
the ad with the specifics.  If you are interested contact Dan or Rachel,  If
you choose to work on the reference desk we may want to reduce your
circulation hours.  Tell me too before you contact the librarians.

Questions about anything related to your job?  Contact or see me.

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419