[Circulation] Various reminders

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 25 15:14:21 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

Some Reminders:

1.  Personal files on the circ. desk computers:  please remove them from the
desktop when you are done.

2.  Billed books: We are now at the point where books have been overdue long
enough in Aleph for them to be billed.  Billed status in Aleph is LOST.  So,
when you are checking in books and you get the message that "Item has been
declared lost, do you want to continue", click yes and give the book to me.
If you click no, the book remains checked out to the patron.  I am no longer
placing holds on books billed in Aleph, so I am relying on all of you to
direct those billed books to me.

3.  Shelving: When there are 2 students working during a shift, someone
should be shelving (without prompting from me...)

4.  Posting to the circstaff list:  As Jen found out on the weekend, you
have to post to the circstaff list using your Hampshire email.  That¹s how I
subscribed you to the list, and if you post with a ³foreign² email your
message will not go through immediately.  Rather it will be deferred to me
so that I can approve it.  If you want to post to the list with a
non-Hampshire email, please give it to me so that I can subscribe you with
it.

5.  Hampshire Halloween:  The library will close at 7:30pm on Friday.

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419