[Circulation] IMPORTANT CIRC REMINDERS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 6 10:39:36 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

First, a reminder that the library will be open regular hours through
October break.  You will be expected to work your regular shifts, if you
have not already found subs.

Secondly, here are several reminders about procedures at the desk:
    -When checking books in and out, make sure every title shows up in the
bottom pane of the screen before scanning the next item.  We are finding
that some items have not been checked in or out properly, and we think this
is why.  You must see the title in the bottom pane to be certain that the
transaction was complete.

    -For the returning students, please be aware that you must pay attention
to the screen when doing double check-ins of carts.  What I'm saying is that
you cannot trust the beeps that Aleph makes to alert you to messages on the
screen.  You must check the screen after you scan every item.

    -Books that flash the message "item has process status BL-BL" must come
to me.  We've discovered a whole bunch of such items that have been through
double-check ins and still were on the shelf.  I have to manually update the
status to available when these books are returned, and I also have to credit
the patrons if they've been billed for the items.

    -Reserve CDs must be shelved in alphabetical order by TITLE.  There has
been some creative shelving in this section of late, please try to keep this
area in order.

If you have questions about any of these items, please contact me for
further explanation.

Enjoy your October break!

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419