[ASL] ASL 2012! Lunch, events, and movies, oh my!

Amy Hambidge aah09 at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 2 15:49:36 EST 2012

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous 2012, and awesome start to the spring
semester!  Here are your ASL updates- so much going on!

1.  TOMORROW ASL Lunch is back! Fridays, 12-1pm, back room of Saga!  You know
the drill, swipe in if you can, sign in if you can't.  Any and all are welcome!

2. ASL Movie night, Friday, February 17th, 7:oopm!  (early enough so afterward
you can do homework, or party, or hey, maybe sleep?!).
   We will be showing "Children of a Lesser God." (subtitled,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090830/).  It's a great movie with Marlee Matlin
and William Hurt with signing and Deaf culture and a compelling love story-
what more do you need?!

3.  Check out the events listed below at College of the Holy Cross!  And there
will be another movie night on March 30th, and an ASL social/potluck/dinner
meeting in April.  Stay tuned!

4.  ASL Collective counts for CEL-1 credit (for Div I)!  Check it out on the
CEL-1 website, let us know if you have questions!

Alright, think that's all for now!
See you tomorrow!
Amy, Elisabeth, and Jessie

The College of the Holy Cross  Deaf Studies program
welcomes you to some upcoming events

Tuesday February 7th from 3:30-4:30 PM in Stein building- room 216  (*See
attached flyer)

Diane Childer's from Deaf Blind Contact Center will offer an overview of what it
is to be an SSP              (Support service Provider) to the DeafBlind
community.  Presentation will be in ASL.                           Request for
spoken English interpreter must be made by February 2nd. *Contact  Judy Freedman
Fask

Wednesday February 15th from 4:00-5:30 PM in Stein building- 5th floor Faculty
Lounge             (*See attached flyer)

Author Leah Hagar Cohen wrote the book “Train Go Sorry”.  Leah will talk
about
her experience as a hearing child growing up at the Lexington School for the
Deaf, where her parents worked and grandfather attended school.  This event will
be in spoken English with ASL interpreter.

The events are FREE and open to the public.
For more information or questions, contact:
Judy Freedman Fask, Director of Deaf Studies
College of the Holy Cross
One College St.
Worcester, MA 01610
508 793-3344 voice