[ASL] Events and a Request!

Amy Hambidge aah09 at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 21 14:14:12 EST 2011

Hello wonderful ASL friends!

There's a whole bunch of craziness to share.  Here's what's up;

1.  Request for someone to film:  There is a presentation in the works!  Umass
is bringing Seth Gore, a young deaf author, to talk to a communication class
about selective attention- how using one mode of communication (auditory or
visual) can train people to be unaware of other information from the other
modes- and about the implications of such attention.
Seth is also, hopefully, coming to Hampshire!  I'll let you know when the
details are all set, but here's the request.  Would anyone be willing to/ have
the knowledge to/ know someone who could volunteer to film Seth's presentation
at Hampshire on the evening of Wednesday, March 9th?  If someone can check out
the equipment at Media Services, that would save having to hire someone.
Please say you can help!  Email myself or Stephanie Kent at Umass (cc'd on this
email) if you can!

2.  Movie at Smith this Wednesday, 7:00pm!  "See What I'm Saying"- all the
details were in the last forward but if you need them again, feel free to email
me!

3.  ASL Lunch at Hampshire College, also this Wednesday!  12-1pm, back room of
Saga/Dining Commons, sign in at the front desk if you're not on the meal plan.
Everyone is welcome!

4.  CJ Jones at Smith next Wednesday, March 2, at 7:00pm!  I will email more
details later in the week, but pencil it in!

5.  Stay well and happy and warm in this increasingly ridiculous weather!

Feel free to email me with questions, comments, or concerns (or compliments :))!

Peace,
Amy