[ASL] Found some cool resources in Gallaudet University Archives

Drew Pidkameny akp04 at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 7 16:41:35 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I was doing some searching today and I found some cool stuff in the
Gallaudet University Digital Archives.

The coolest thing I found was a HUGE (complete?) archive of The Silent
Worker, an American Deaf newspaper thatwas in circulation from 1888 to
1929. This is a real piece of Deaf history. You can search inside for
various topics. I used it today to get some information on Rev. Job
Turner for a presentation I'm giving in my ASL III class at HCC tonight.

Here's a link to The Silent Worker:
http://www.aladin.wrlc.org/gsdl/collect/gasw/gasw.shtml

For anyone interested in Cued Speech (I wrote a couple papers on it),
there are many papers in the R. Orin Cornett Memorial Cued Speech
Collection.

Here's a link to the Cued Speech Collection:
http://www.aladin.wrlc.org/gsdl/collect/cued/cued.shtml

~Drew