[ASL] Fw: ASL summer and fall

drew drew at area42.com
Fri Jun 2 15:09:21 EDT 2006

From: "Lorraine James" <ljames at library.umass.edu>
To: "Lorraine James" <ljames at library.umass.edu>
Sent: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:19:47 -0400
Subject: ASL summer and fall

Hi everyone,

I want to remind everyone that the Northampton ASL Social group will
continue to meet at the Haymarket at 6:30 on Thursday nights through the
summer.  Come to Northampton for dinner or shopping and then stop by to
socialize!  The HEAF Club continues meeting monthly at the Hometown Buffet
in West Springfield.  See http://jasonwoof.org/asl for dates.

DeafNation Poker Day is at Foxwoods on June 8.  You can go to
www.deafnation.com <http://www.deafnation.com/>  for more information.

The 11th annual Deaf Awareness day at Six Flags in Agawam is August 5.  Save
the day on your calendar!  If you want to send me your address, I can send
you a paper flyer with a form to order tickets.  The flyer says you can also
purchase tickets in person at MSAD West or Stavros, both in Springfield.  If
you order tickets before July 24, it costs $35 per person which includes
rides, parking and unlimited food at the picnic from 5-7pm.

UMass students are very interested in getting an ASL social group started on
campus in the fall.  They plan on meeting in August to start talking about
it.  I'll put out an e-mail at that time to see if others want to help.
I'll let everyone know about their plans when the Fall semester begins.

And.the Hampshire College students who organized the Flying Words Project
performance collected $232 in donations which they gave to The National
Theatre of the Deaf.  Thanks to the Hampshire students for bringing that
great show to the area and using the opportunity to further support Deaf
arts programs!

Please let me know about any upcoming ASL/Deaf events so I can share them
with everyone!

Thanks,

Lorraine