[ASL]Deaf events and more...

Laura Vitkus lvitkus at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:38:25 EST 2004

Greetings!

1.  I received info today on the following event THIS WEEKEND.  It's a
fun one if you can get there...

Thanksgiving Gathering
Saturday, November 6, 2004
6:30 PM to ???

Chicopee Moose Family Center
Bingo....Doorprizes....dinner, desserts and conversation!

Non-members: $7.00  (students sometimes discounted)
for more info: Contact Amy Kaddaras at MEDBoyd at aol.com

2.  I received a catalog from Dawn Sign Press, the company that
publishes our ASL textbooks and videos.  If you're on the Hampshire
campus and are interested in looking at it, let me know.  They've got a
lot of neat books and videos from fingerspelling practice to poetry
videos to a name signs dictionary and more...

3.  Lastly, did you know that our Hampshire library recently purchased
an ASL dictionary for their reference shelf?   I suggested,
additionally, that they consider a dictionary on CD-ROM as well, which
they may do in the near future.

That's all for now!

Best,
Laura V