[Animeclub] Anime Club Information!

Meghan Straus mes13 at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 16 17:24:52 EDT 2016

Hello everyone!

If you're receiving this e-mail, that means you've been officially
subscribed to the Anime Club e-mail list! Welcome!

This is just a quick e-mail to remind everyone that we have a meeting
TONIGHT at 7:00pm over in West Lecture Hall. That's located in Franklin
Patterson Hall. Tonight's meeting should be relatively short, since
we're going to be going over basic club rules/etiquette, what we're
going to be doing this semester, and then compiling our list of anime to
watch!

On that note, please bring TWO (and only two) suggestions to club
tonight! There are so many of you, and there are so many great anime to
choose from, but we want to narrow things down quickly so we can be
ready for next week! When choosing which anime you might want to
suggest, here are a few good things to keep in mind:

1. Length - 12-24 Episode seasons are the best. We have 13 meetings this
semester, and we usually don't like to carry over seasons through two
semesters. 12-24 means we can watch 1-2 episodes each Friday!!

2. Rating - Anything with excess gore (Hellsing, Tokyo Ghoul, Elfen
Leid, etc.) or sexual content (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt,
Seikon no Qwaser, etc.) will most likely be denied by signers. We want
everyone to feel comfortable. While some is okay, over-the-top stuff
will have to be denied. Anything the signers are unsure of will be
screened before next week.

3. Theme - We don't want our lineup to have too much of one thing
(sports, dark themes, comedy), so be sure to suggest a variety!

With those guidelines, I'm sure we can come up with some great shows!!

We can't wait to see all of you!!

~ Your Anime Club Signers