[Asianmedia] We need a fundraiser! CEL-1 opportunity

Katherine Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 11 23:12:09 EST 2013

And here's your chance to REALLY earn CEL-1!

We need like 500-600 bucks to rent a van to go down to Katsu since we're
above the trip cap.

So, you guys are gonna be in charge of a fundraiser over janterm. Note that
this **needs* to happen or else we have no transport* to the con.

Now, fencing club did this last year and made about 300 dollars in 3 days.
So..what if we did one for a week or two?

Signers! Speaking of which, our new signer is Gabi.

*Here's a sample idea that worked well for the fencing club last year: a
bake sale!*

So, Gabi and Zach, you would need to talk to the CLA and Phys plant i think
briefly about how to reserve the table in front of the library at the top
of the stairs. there you can set up cookies, cakes, pies, whatevs.
Break out your inner baker!

I'll do some of the work for you:

Shifts of like 2-3 people for a few hours a day should work good. Last year
we had rotating shifts of 2-3 people for 2 hours each and the bakesale
would go for 4-5-6 hours total. More if you feel like you're getting more
customers.

Things to bake!
Pie-it's bigger and you can charge more
Cake- sell by slice obvi, or make a deal for the whole thing
Cupcakes
Cookies

Sample prices:
Pie-1.25 a slice
Cake: 1.50 a slice
cupcakes: 1 or 1.25 a cupcake
Brownies [easy and great]- 75 cents or 1.00 depending on size of brownie.
bigger is better
Muffins- 1.00
Cookies- .50

Sample recipes:
I have some GREAT ones [i used to bake for the night truck!] that I can
send.
They include seasonal stuff liiiike
Apple crumb muffins
Hot cocoa cookies
Hot cocoa cupcakes
^--those two have been VERY popular
Anything pumpkin pie flavored. i have recipes for pumpkin pie cupcakes, etc
pumpkin pie
apple crumb pie
cheesecakes
red velvet cupcakes+cream cheese frosting
chocolate+pb cupcakes
nutella brownies

Anything else that's delicious and you guys are good at making--go for it!
Just be sure to make enough that'll last, or replenish shit or something.

If anyone wants the recipes, i can give them to you.
I'd say run the bake sale for like a week. See how much you have. If it's
under 500, go for longer. The van MIGHT cost us about 400. We want to pad
it to about 600. I'll email the company.

Remember, if we don't get this van, we can't go, and *we'll all owe the CLA
60 bucks*.
To jazz it up, advertise it as being in costume! Print out flyers,
advertise on facebook and hell, get out your maid or lolita shit or
something. LET'S STRIKE BACK AT THE MAID CAFE THEY STRUCK DOOWNN.

Selling hot cider is also a good way to get an extra 50 cents to a buck out
of people. It's cold, take advantage of it!

*Anyone an artist or someone who makes shit by hand? Advertise that and
take commissions or something/sell stuff.*

*Basically go all out and do whatever you possibly can!save ur questions
for friday*