[Asianmedia] Anime Boston quick update

Katherine Elisabeth Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 21 17:22:11 EDT 2011

DON'T REGISTER JUST YET WHILE WE GET THE DETAILS WORKED OUT. THIS IS THE GENERAL
IDEA, BUT DO NOT REGISTER ONLINE JUUUST YET.

If you have a friend who wants to go to AB, please let them know that people who
attend and/or are involved in Asian Media get first priority. This is a club
activity, so we're going to work like this.

We have a certain number of spots. Right now, we have 15 spots available. Its
that small due to transportation, hotel space, etc. After we fill those 15
spots, we'll  open it up to people outside of Asian Media, if we have room.
Last year we took almost 30 people, and had to use people's houses as home base
for some because we ran out of hotel room. The rooms were cramped, room keys
were sparse and we kept having to rush to open rooms and pass 4 room keys
around a room with almost 10 people in it. Hence, shortening the list.

People who are NOT affiliated with Asian Media should expect to register
themselves [and do it now! prices go up the longer you wait. if you register,
you'll be guaranteed a spot] on the anime boston website. They will be counted
as part of the Asian Media group in order to travel with us. So, if you're not
with asian media, basically pay 45 dollars and you can go to AB with hotel
paid. It's not a terrible thing. Just MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME YOU'RE INTERESTED!
Don't be dissuaded by spot issues or whatnot. TELL ME SO I CAN PUT YOU ON THE
LIST.
I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but taking in all the issues we had last
year, it makes things a lot easier to manage. And the more people that pay
their own registration means the more money we have for things like hotel
rooms.

How do I get involved with Asian Media?
WELL, COME WITH ME, GENTLE READER:

-Come to a screening or two. Two is nice.
-Help promote us [word of mouth is a great thing!
-Volunteer your car for transport to AB/to drive [you won't be asked to pay for
shit if you do this. gas and parking are split amongst your car.]
-In general, help out.
-Hug Tim, the nicest signer of us all.