[Asianmedia] More Bad News -IMPORTANT AB INFO, PLEASE READ-

Katherine Elisabeth Roman ker10 at hampshire.edu
Fri Jan 14 13:40:24 EST 2011

So, UMass is broke too, and apparently covers all their AB costs themselves.

The good news!

I found someone on the ANime Boston forums that's willing to share a room...if
you split the cost with him. It'll be pricey, and probably a last resort, but
Stefan pointed out that it was John from Asian Media, so that's actually a good
thing.

UMass also said we might be able to split costs with them, but its unlikely.
What we're looking at proposing now for ficom is probably 2-3 rooms, which
comes out to a LOT.

Registration, I'll ask again. IF YOU CAN PAY FOR YOURSELF, PLEASE DO.

http://animeboston.com/registration/online_reg/

THERE'S THE LINK.

We DID get the group discount for an educational group, meaning everyone is
going to be 40 dollars each. [this means we'd have to get all the money
together and send them a check, not individually]

 Bad news? We still cant cover it. So I'm asking people who can pay for
themselves to register individually, that way we can narrow down the number of
people we need to fundraise for or ask ficom for. I know a lot of you can't
afford it, but if you can, please do, it'd be doing us a really big favor.

IF YOU REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY, EMAIL ME OR STEFAN SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK.

Fundraising ideas?

Tim apparently had a brilliant idea that involved an Iron Chef competition using
ingredients from SAGA, where the contestants have to pay an entry fee and the
winner gets a cut from the pot. The rest would go to Anime Boston funds.

I think its actually a feasable idea, but I'd love to hear -more- fundraising
plots. Lap dances from the ~lithe and nubile~ Stefan for 5 bucks a pop?

Ian, KellyFitz and Juliet just had an idea--a maid cafe~! 8D 5 dollars for
admission per person for tea, sandwiches during a screening of something or
whatnot? We could advertise it to the five colleges, Ian said.

Anyways, we need the money by March. Ideas, ideas?