[Asianmedia] "A-un" and series suggstions

Sean Harper smh05 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 16 13:04:51 EDT 2010

Having read the blurbs on the URLs, I am fascinated with most of the series
listed.  I especially like Black Jack 21, having seen the first two episodes;)

I recently came across "Ah-Un" while watching Prince of Tennis (178 episodes;
watch on your own time) and so find myself intrigued by Nio.

For those who have seen or read dotHack, Dennou Coil covers familiar ground
placing emphasis on the reality of the unreal and how it effects the real
world.

Other series I have watched lately include Pumpkin Scissors and Heroic Age.
Please help the war efforts!

I hope my comments have been insightful.

Sean

Quoting "John C. Watson" <jwatson8 at comcast.net>:

> Greetings and felicitations.  On the topic of "a-un" (from _Mushi-shi_
> episode 3, which we watched tonight):
>
> "Buddhist temple guardian statues?"
>
>      <http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=91767>
>
> Nio (linked from the above)
>
>      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nio>
>
> Nio Protectors of Japan
>
>      <http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/nio.shtml>
>
> Samurai Spirits and Buddhist Terms
>

>      <http://www.asminor.info/konru/bud2.html>
>
> :::
>
> Suggestions of series to watch this coming semester:
>
> _Black Jack 21_ (it's an odd number of episodes, but that leaves more
> time for other things)
>
>      <http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6412>
>
> _Dennou Coil_
>
>      <http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6278>
>
> _Bakemonogatari_
>
>      <http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10196>
>
> _Seitokai Yakuindomo_ (though the verbal/auditory humor is rather
> raunchy, judging by the seventh episode--the visual humor is fairly mild)
>
>      <http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11476>
>
> On a scale of one to ten (10 = _Ebichu_), this is about an eight.
>
> Ciao,
>      John C. Watson

Sharper