[Asianmedia] Final Screening of the Semester!

Tristan Athearn-Hess tba04 at stout.hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 6 00:02:22 EST 2007

Yes, its that time again. Tomorrow/Today is the last screening of
Asian Media for the semester (after all, we all get das boot at 4:30
next week). And what's this? We still have like three episodes of
Hana Kimi? Well, I guess we'll just have to show ALL HANA KIMI this
time! Join us for the final episodes and the (probably) exciting
conclusion of our running series! We'll also be discussing ideas for
what our jan term series should be, right now the two big contenders
in my mind are:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Perhaps one of the newest epic
anime. What happens if god were actually a high school girl (and she
doesn't know she's god) who recreated the world to have aliens,
espers and time travelers because she was bored?! And on top of that,
she must be kept entertained so that she doesn't unknowingly destroy
and recreate the world again! Enter the SOS Brigade, a student group
she organizes which quickly consists of herself, a time traveler, an
alien, an esper, and one poor plain-old-human named Kyon. Saving the
world by overloading it with fun! A wonderful series all around.

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (A.K.A. The Jungle Was Always Nice,
Then Came Guu): God DAMN it is cold during jan term, so perhaps we
should have a silly, tropical comedy series to help warm us up! Hale
is a young boy who lives in the jungle with his young, party-hard-
style mom. Life is good until a new girl, Guu, arrives and things
start getting, well, weird. Is she an alien? Some supernatural force
of evil? Just misunderstood? She's more like a living bag of holding,
as everything she devours gets sent to another, more bazaar dimension
(Hale is one of the first to go, but she spits him back out). A
strange, but wonderfully warm, tropical, series where the vagaries of
plot are unimportant (for the most part).

Well, I hope to see you all there!

Tristan