[Asianmedia] Screening for 5-4-06 *FINAL SCREENING*

Sam Ross sar04 at hampshire.edu
Tue May 2 11:45:12 EDT 2006

Dear Asian Media,
   We had a good run, but soon the time will come when we must say goodbye. No!
Hold back your tears! I know how you feel. I know how I feel. Nothing can
change what we had this year. It was special, fun, touching, moving, and only
slightly filled with tentacles.
   Alas, that time is this Thursday, Starting at 8PM in the East Lecture Hall of
FPH when we'll be screening:

   8:00PM - Haibane Renmei - So we've got the very last episode for you
masochists out there. Rakka has discovered that Reki may be in danger of never
ascending, something all haibane must do eventually. Worse, she may not even
care. Dark times are ahead though, and Rakka's attempt to help Reki may be more
difficult and dangerous then she imagined.

   8:30PM - South Park: Good Times with Weapons - After you've all finished
weeping from Haibane, we've got a special treat for you. "But wait," you
exclaim "South Park isn't Asian". True, but in this episode the boys acquire
ninja weapons and begin to see themselves as being in an anime, complete with a
theme song with dirty Japanese lyrics. Best...episode...ever.

   9:00PM - Kung Pow: Enter the Fest - Continuing with our parody-licious
send-off, our movie, Kung Pow takes a ton of footage from a kung fu movie, dubs
the voices and splices in a new main character as "The Chosen One" who is
destined to defeat the evil Master Pain who changes his name to "Betty". An
awesome movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. I mean, gopher-chucks, people.

   10:30PM - FLCL - Because this is our last screening and because you guys
loved it so much last week, we'll be screening the last three episodes of FLCL
aka Furi Kuri aka WTF. In the first three, Naota, a normal boy who lived in a
normal town had his life thrown askew when Haruko Haruhara, a self-identified
"alien" whacks him with her guitar. Ever since then, large bumps and ears have
been growing out of his head, eventually turning into giant robots which are
somehow related to the mysterious factory shaped like an giant iron.

Don't say anything, because we'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when.
But I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day.

Probably in September. And it may not be sunny, so suck it up :p

See you space cowboy,

Sam

--
Sam Ross