[Asianmedia] Screening for 10-10-05

Samuel sar04 at hampshire.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:12:47 EST 2005

That's right, even though it's Advising Day at Hampshire, we're still doing a
screening. ASIAN MEDIA IS UNSTOPPABLE...MWAHAHAHAH!!!!

...ahem

That said, here's what's up on the big screen this week.
Densha Otoko-Oh, man. Yamada and Aoyama were so totally in love with each other.
That is until last week when she found out that he had lied to her and postponed
their date so that he could go to a comic convention. Will she ever forgive him?
Can they get back together?

And after we find out the fate of Yamada-san and his avid internet following, we
move on to the fact that I REALLY wanted to do a Miyazaki marathon this weekend
but it didn't work out because I was beaten to a pulp by the respective ninjas
of School and Deathfest. Thankfully, despite their brutal assault, I was barely
able to escape, and as a result, our 2nd feature will be:

Princess Mononoke-Set in the Muromachi period of Japan, this movie tells the
story of a young warrior Ashitaka, who is on a quest to find the cure for a
curse and stumbles into the middle of a war. But this is no war between just
men. This is between men and animals and embodiments of nature, both of the
latter who have tired of being abused by the former. Considered by many, myself
included, as being one of Miyazaki's best films.

So that's all for this week, I have to flee before my Intro to Writing essay can
sink its shurikens in my back.

-Sam